Metro Chicago Surgical Oncology’s Women’s Breast Health
With the majority of our services located under one roof, the Metro Chicago Surgical Oncology’s offers comprehensive support and care of benign breast health conditions and all stages of breast cancer.
In addition to expert breast exams, diagnosis, and treatment, we empower our patients with education so that they can make informed decisions. Our personalized treatment plans help ensure the best possible outcomes, while we assist patients in adjusting to, coping with, and managing their disease.
CSO has access to enhanced cancer treatment which can provides referrals to medical oncology, infusion and diagnostic imaging, as well as in-house radiation and pathology services.
We welcome newly diagnosed patients as well as those with recurrent disease from our own and other practices.
Are you at risk for breast cancer?
Find out now if one of our experts can give you a breast exam and evaluate your breast health please call our main number, 847-663-1054, and ask to make an appointment with one of our MCSO women’s health specialists.
We have a board certified surgeon available at all times. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM.
Our Breast Care Center Groups
Our exceptional, compassionate team includes:
- Surgical oncologists
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Nurse and medical assistants
- Imaging radiologists
MCSO provides care, guidance and access for all of its women’s breast health and related services, including:
- Roadmap through the health care system
- Education and support after an abnormal mammogram
- Coordinated health care services for additional testing and treatment
- Referral to local counseling resources
- Referrals for financial assistance
- Answers to questions
- Educational information about breast health, breast cancer, and other breast diseases
Our physicians and staff will coordinate your care to help minimize delayed and missed appointments and help ensure you have a satisfying health care experience.
Our Breast Health Patient Services
- Onsite state-of-the-art diagnostics
- Access to digital screening and diagnostic mammography
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) referrals
- Cyst aspiration
- Fine-needle aspiration (FNA)
- Ultrasound-guided core biopsy
- Stereotactic biopsy
- Pathology review
- Bone density testing
- Breast-conserving techniques
- Sentinel lymph node mapping and biopsy
- Wire-localized excisions
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery options
- Physical therapy
- Prosthesis referral
- Lymphedema referral
- Additional (adjuvant) Therapy
- Hormone therapy
- In House Radiation therapy
- Support therapy for chemotherapy side effects
We also help coordinate:
- Behavioral health services, including psychosocial counseling
- Clinical trial participation
- Complementary and alternative medicine
- Financial counseling
- Genetic counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Lifestyle counseling
- Obstetric and gynecologic services
- Osteoporosis services
- Patient education
- Prenatal services
- Preventive services
- Coordinated social services, including community outreach, patient advocacy, and survivor groups