Strong surgical expertise, when you need it.
No one ever really feels prepared to face surgery. But at Metro Chicago Surgical Oncology, we want to do what we can to reduce your anxiety. MCSO has been providing state of the art, quality-focused and patient centered surgical services for over 30 years.
When surgery appears to be the best course of action, we undertake comprehensive evaluations. Our physicians will then discuss with you all the issues at hand, always giving you the opportunity to take a primary role in deciding your best treatment choices. When a definitive surgical therapy is chosen, our surgeons prefer minimally invasive surgical options.
Metro Chicago Surgical Oncology’s General Surgeons perform both elective and emergency procedures
Expertise In General Surgery
- Abdomen, laparoscopic surgery
- Abdominal surgery such as cholecystectomy, appendectomy, hernia repair, colon and rectal surgery
- Breast biopsy and cancer surgery
- Colon resection, laparoscopic surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Emergency surgical services
- Endocrine surgery involving the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands (minimally invasive)
- Endoscopic services - including elective esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) and colonoscopy (screening and diagnostic)
- Excision of cysts, lipomas and skin lesions
- Gallbladder and biliary tract
- Hemorrhoid surgery - including banding, stapled hemorrhoidectomy (PPH) and transanal hemorrhoidal dearteriolization (THD)
- Hernia, laparoscopic and open repair surgery
- Laparoscopic colon surgery
- Rectal surgery
- Skin/soft tissue mass surgery - including melanoma with sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Surgery for diverticulitis